CNC Gear Cutting Services
Many industries rely on gears for their equipment or machines to work efficiently. However, not all gears are the same, so there are different variations with individual features. Fortunately, Tracey Gear & Precision Shaft specializes in CNC gear-cutting services, where we can manufacture custom gears for our customers with specific needs and requirements.
Our in-house facility is completely furnished with cutting-edge technology, allowing us to produce products that are second to none.
CNC Gear Cutting Services
Gears are an important mechanical part of equipment with a speed control mechanism. It transmits rotary power from one component to another, so using the right gear is essential for your equipment to work correctly and efficiently.
Utilizing CNC or computer numerical control machines sets our gear-cutting service apart from the competition. It’s a type of automation where complex processes are performed by computers based on codes or commands that the operator programs into them. With CNC gear-cutting services, we can provide precision and accuracy to our gears, meeting our customers’ exact specifications.
Other benefits of our CNC gear-cutting service:
- Efficient production
- Lower production costs
- Quick turnaround
- Precise control
These advantages allow us to produce very accurate custom gears. In addition, all products we manufacture are consistent and meet the highest standards in quality. Our dedication to excellence is what keeps our customers coming back for more.
Types of Gears We Produce
We can handle any gear for different applications. Although diverse gears require varying manufacturing methods, we ensure that our process is highly repeatable with quality in mind.
Some gears we manufacture:
- Worm / worm gear sets: These are one of the oldest gear styles, consisting of a shaft with a spiral thread. The thread engages and drives the toothed wheel.
- Bevel gears: These gears transmit power at 90°. The gears have conically shaped tooth-bearing faces.
- Miter gears: This is a type or class of bevel gear in which the set has a 1:1 gear ratio.
- Helical gears: These gears are cylindrical with slanted tooth faces. It’s ideal for high-speed applications since they suffer less friction.
- Spur gears: Spur gears have a straight tooth face. These are typically used as changing gears where machinery needs to have its speed ratios modified depending on the job being run.
- Involute and straight sided splines: We manufacture both internal and external splines. Splines look similar to spur gears, but operate differently. The external spline is inserted into the internal spline and all teeth are engaged at all times.
We can create many other gears, such as pulleys, sprockets, racks, angular, and cluster gears. Each can be customized according to your requests. We work closely with you to ensure we achieve the dimensions you want.
Common Applications of Gears
Gears can be found virtually in any industry. The different configurations, designs, and constructions have varying uses and purposes. It’s imperative to use suitable components for your machinery or equipment to ensure a smooth and seamless operation.
In general, gears are used to transmit power. More specifically, gears can change speed, change force, or change direction of the power being transmitted.
We currently make gears for the following industries: military, elevator, turbine, communication, amusement park, food & beverage processing and packaging.
These are only some of the numerous industries where gears are commonly used. If you have difficulty choosing the right component or part, our team of experts can help you out.